AMIN’s specialized trainings, sector capacity building initiatives and technical resources helped improve the status and professionalism of the media sector in Palestine.
Recent trainings, workshops and meetings have focused on:
- gender equality in the media profession
- technical skill development
- an improved relationship between the media and government institutions
- collaboration between the media and civil society institutions, and
- building the media capacity of government institutions.
Over the past fifteen years, AMIN has trained innumerous professionals and citizens. Below some number or the years 2008 – 2010.
Specialized Training- number of trainees
2010: 133 media professionals and government public relations officers
2009: 102 media professionals and government public relations officers
2008: 78 media professionals
Sector capacity building initiatives – number of workshops
2010: 2 sector-wide workshops held for media professionals
2009: 15 sector-wide workshops and meetings for media professionals
2008: 6 sector-wide workshops and meetings for media professionals
2010: - 6 websites designed, 5 for government institutions and 1 for a media outlet
- 2 television cameras donated to governments institutions
- 1,276 blogs hosted on AMIN blogspot
2009: - 740 blogs hosted on AMIN blogspot
2008: - 1 website designed for a media outlet
- 1 scanner donated to a media outlet
- 860 blogs hosted on AMIN blogspot.